Having spent my career working in Information Technology for about 11+ years, I have gained much knowledge and hands-on experience on managing IT Infrastructure, IT Security, Patch and Incident management, SAN Storage, Backup Applications, Databases, Freelancing & IT Projects Implementations and Teaching IT Courses. Here on my web site, it is my pleasure to share with you my experience in my profession.
Shaik M Rafi
IT Infrastructure Consultant & Trainer
I’M working in Information Technology from more than 11+ years and have worked on over 30+ implementation projects in IT Infrastructure and IT Security related to enterprise data center technologies such as Data-center Management, IT Infra virtualization, and IT Security. Currently working for a IT Sourcing company as a IT Specialist to support client managing the Data-center, Monitoring and auditing of servers, Backup and recovery strategies, Disaster recovery and business continuity testing, Patch management, Antivirus management, Incident management
Disaster recovery and other Infrastructure related stuff. Have served as an Systems Administrator, Deputy IT Manager, Consultant and IT Trainer/Instructor. I also teach online via Computer Based Tutorials.
Monthly Working hours
Brief details on my skills sets
Skill is the unified force of experience, intellect and passion in their operation.
- IT Physical and Virtual Infrastructure Management
- IT Datacenter Management
- Experienced on both Windows and Linux OS environments
- Enterprise backup solutions administration
- Operating Systems security patch management & AV
- Experience in monitoring tools for Information Systems
- Strong knowledge on Banking applications and technologies
- SAN storage management
- Database Administration
- Incident reporting
- Good team player and Good problem solving skills
- Good communication and presentation skills, high energy, focused on delivery
IT Training and Education
Business Development Management
Professional Experience so far in IT Career..
Regional IT Infrastructure Officer – BNP Paribas Bank2011-Present
Brief InfoMajor responsibilities includes, Datacenter management, Enterprise data backup management, Incident Reporting, IT Policies and Procedures, Disaster Recovery, VMware, Window, Linux and AIX environment and Support for banking application at infrastructure level. Vendor management and involvement in IT expenditure planning, budgeting and approval process.
- Datacenter Manager
- Windows Active Directory support
- VMware vSphere
- EMC Networker & Veritas Backup Exec
- SAN - EMC DataDomain & VNX
- Lumension/Heat Patch link
- McAfee ePO
- Dell, HP and IBM hardware management
- Vendor contracts and budget forecast
- Solarwinds Server & Application Monitoring
- DoubleTake High-availability
- Incident reporting and support
Deputy IT Manager – Al-Blagha Holding Group Co.2008-2011
Breif InfoJoined the group as System Administrator, later promoted as Deputy IT Manager to work closely with IT Manager and report to CEO assisting in all major activities of Datacenter and Support activities
- Windows Servers services on Windows 2003/2008
- Assist IT Manager in Managing Datacenter
- Microsoft Exchange mail system management
- VMware vSphere management
- Responsible for Backups of Storages
- Group policies updates, user permissions, client OS updates.
- MS-ISA Servers Management
- Managing of Cisco Routers to connect other branches
System Administrator – Rittal India Pvt., Ltd.,2006-2008
Brief InfoReporting to Team Manager for IT, providing support on Windows and client environment over VMware Infrastructure. Mainly to work on Active Directory, Data Backups, Active Directory, User support and Antivirus Management.
- Management of Windows server services, AD, DNS, and DHCP
- Group Policies management
- Virtual Environment with VMware ESX 3x
- End User Support
- Backup monitoring
- Antivirus management
- Monitoring of Citrix Presentation Server 4.0.
Here is the list of online training courses by me. Purchase them online via Udemy or contact me for direct sales.